Setting a new standard for sandwich wall panels.
MPS Precast is proud to offer CarbonCast® High Performance Insulated Wall Panels. This novel technology uses C-GRID carbon fiber grid as a wythe connector. We are the only precaster licensed to produce CarbonCast in Puerto Rico.
They deliver all the benefits of factory precasting with unprecedented thermal efficiency in a fully structurally composite panel. And with ICC-ES acceptance (ESR#2953), you can be assured the product meets I-Code requirements.
- Full composite action for load-bearing performance
- Continuous insulation to meet ASHRAE requirements
- Aesthetic versatility
- Fire rated
Extensive research has unequivocally proven the outstanding load-bearing performance of CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels. The C-GRID shear trusses render a panel with full structural composite action and improved durability. For example, an 8″ (203mm) CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panel—4″ (102mm) of insulation between two 2″ (51mm) concrete wythes—behaves structurally as if it were an 8″ (203mm) solid panel. For primary flexural reinforcement, prestressing strand or steel rebar is used in each wythe.
Thermally efficient and aesthetically versatile panels are:
- Energy efficient and lighter in weight. They use less concrete and more insulating foam to reduce energy use and lighten panels – and deliver superior insulation values for enhanced thermal efficiency.
- Superior at load bearing. Load-bearing vertical panels can eliminate the need for perimeter columns and add to usable floor space.
- Dry, mold-free and non-combustible. CarbonCast panels have no voids or cavities where air or water can combine to support mold and mildew growth. The inherent fire resistance of concrete provides additional peace of mind.
- Designed to deliver comfort. Very little sound is transmitted through the walls, providing an interior free of exterior noise. And the lack of cold spots provides a more comfortable environment.
- Pre-finished on the inside wall. They can be ready for paint or wall covering and are ultra-durable.
- Code compliant. They’ve received an evaluation report (ESR#2953) from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES).